Super Bowl Mania

Jack Barkkari

With Super Bowl LV between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Tampa on the horizon, coaches, students and parents have their own unique plans for the most watched game of the year.

This will be the first year a team will get to play at their own stadium. Add a legendary quarterback and a new quarterback sensation, and this promises to be a game unlike any other.

Side bets, football squares, and just a guess make predicting the winner a big debate.

“When I watch the Super Bowl, I just chill with my dad and my cousins,” Stevenson sophomore Angelo Rayes said. “Sometimes my dad takes me to a sports bar. I think Tampa Bay will win because their defense is far more superior than the Chiefs. And defense wins Super Bowls.”

Kansas City fans beg to differ.

“I think the Chiefs are going to win the Super Bowl,” Ford sophomore Diamon Black said. “They have a younger and faster quarterback.”

Sometimes it is just a gut feeling.

“I think the Chiefs will win just because they have won more games and I just have a feeling about them winning,” Utica sophomore Dunya Eilia said. “Some things I usually do when I watch the Super Bowl are eating good food, laughing, and having fun with everyone. The most fun thing I do is make bets on who is going to win.”

Fans who have watched the Super Bowl for years understand it is not just about the game, especially this year.

“I think people get enjoyment and relaxation out of the Super Bowl,” Eric Verbeeren, parent of Stevenson junior Maggie Verbeeren, said. “It is good to know that the game will still go on with everything we are currently dealing with.”